VOLUNTEER at the SAH Glasgow Conference
The Society of Architectural Historians will host its 70th Annual International Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, from June 7–11, 2017. This is the first time that SAH has met outside North America in over 40 years. Meeting in Scotland's largest city, world renowned for its outstanding architectural heritage, reflects the increasingly international scope of the Society and its conference. Architectural historians, art historians, architects, museum professionals and preservationists from around the world will convene to share new research on the history of the built environment. The Glasgow conference will include 36 paper sessions, eight roundtables, an introductory address and plenary talk, architecture tours, the SAH Glasgow Seminar, and more.
Download the Mobile Guide
(iOS/Android) | View the Guide on the Web
Access the full conference program with our free SAH 2017 Glasgow Conference mobile guide, your most up-to-date source of conference program information.
Downloading the mobile guide allows you to:
View the Conference Program PDF
- Create a personal schedule and set alerts
- Read paper abstracts
- Connect with attendees before, during, and after the conference
- Interact with attendees during the conference
- Search the entire program with speed and ease
- Submit feedback in real time on paper sessions, tours, and events
- View maps and floor plans
Please note the publication date of the PDF as it will be updated less frequently than the mobile guide. We encourage you to refer to the mobile guide for the most up-to-date information as any changes to the conference program will be made in the guide as they occur. All conference attendees will receive a print program when they check-in onsite (included in your registration fee).
Sold Out Conference Tours & Events
Tickets are no longer available for the following conference tours and events:
- Opening Night Social Hour (at capacity)
- TR08 The Merchants House of Glasgow
- TR10 The Glasgow Necropolis: Victorian Garden Cemetery 1833
- TR11 Trongate: The Heart of Glasgow
- TR12 The Glasgow Cathedral and the Necropolis
- TR15 The Merchant City: A Promenade and a Pint (at capacity)
- TR18 Castles of Lowland Scotland
- TR23 Alexander Thomson in Glasgow
- TR28 Charles Rennie Mackintosh and the New Glasgow Suburbs
- TR31 Edinburgh: The Old Town
Tour and event tickets are non-refundable, but they are fully transferable. If you are unable to attend but another registered member can participate in your place, you may donate or sell the ticket. There will be a bulletin board at the SAH check in/information desk area where you may offer your tickets to another registrant or you may post a message on the conference mobile guide. SAH will not broker your tickets on your behalf.