|Date: ||6 June, 2013, 9:15 am EST |
|Location: ||The Museum of Modern Art, 11 West Fifty-third Street, New York City, NY |
|Price: ||$199.00 per person. |
Online reservations will be accepted first-come, first-served basis beginning April 30, 2013 at 3:00pm CST. Registration limited to 25 people. |
This study day will highlight two exhibits: Henri Labrouste: Structure Brought to Light
Curated by SAH member Barry Bergdoll, The Philip Johnson Chief Curator of Architecture and Design, MoMA; Corinne Belier, Chief Curator, Cite de l’Architecture & du Patrimoine; and Marc Le Coeur, Art Historian, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Departement des Estampes et de la Photographie. Read a review of this exhibition
. Le Corbusier: An Atlas of Modern Landscapes
Guest curated by SAH member Jean-Louis Cohen, Institute of Fine Arts, New York University. Read a review of this exhibition
A SAH Study Tour Fellowship is available for this Study Day. Applications accepted beginning April 30.
Deadline extended: Please apply no later than May 28 at 12:00 p.m. EST, 11:00 a.m. CST.
Read the application requirements and criteria and click here to apply.
Kathy Sturm email@example.com
(312) 543-7243 Schedule:
- 9:15am - meet in MoMA lobby
- 9:30am - tour exhibitions
- 11:30am - visit the permanent galleries of the Architecture and Design Department
- 12 noon - lunch (a list of restaurants and cafes will be provided)
- 2pm - tour exhibitions
- 4pm - gather for discussion and a glass of wine
AIA/CES HSW Learning Units: 6
Barry Bergdoll, Past President of SAH and current Philip Johnson Chief Curator in the Department of Architecture and Design at MoMA; Jean-Louis Cohen the SAH 2013 Alice Davis Hitchcock Book Award recipient and Guest Curator at MoMA
Full payment is required at the time of registration. Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. This program will not be repeated and a small wait-list will be accepted.
Tour Price Includes:
- Admission and service fees to MoMA
- Behind the scenes tour of both exhibitions
- Access to the permanent galleries of the Architecture and Design department during the lunch break
- Discussion and commentary led by Barry Bergdoll, and Jean-Louis Cohen curators of each exhibition
- Donation to SAH
- Study Day gathering with wine and snacks
- Mailing of materials and information