CONTENTdm User Group meetings provide attendees with the opportunity to network with the CONTENTdm user community to share experiences, learn best practices, network, and get inspiration for creative CONTENTdm projects.
With this in mind, the Planning Committee invites proposals for conference talks, panel discussions, pre-conference sessions, Workshops, and posters.
Pre-Conference Sessions or Workshops
Consider giving a longer pre-conference session or conducting a workshop. The time available for this type of session is 3 hours on Thursday afternoon.
Topic ideas include:
- Basic CONTENTdm usage
- Advanced CONTENTdm features
- Best Practices
- Tips and Tricks
- Round Table
- Project Management for Digital Projects
Regular Conference Sessions
Sessions will be 1 hour in length and will take place all day Friday and Saturday morning. Topics are open to anything related to using CONTENTdm, including but not limited to:
- Audio and video projects
- Newspaper collections
- Text projects (working with the OCR extension, compound object documents, monographs, PDFs, finding aids)
- Thesis and Dissertation projects
- Metadata practices
- Consortia collaboration/participatory archives
- Working with 3D objects (artifacts, museum objects)
- Generation and use of reports and statistics
- Programming and applications (widgets, CONTENTdm API, other add-on features)
- Other Customizations
- Collection management and configuration
- Digital archiving and preservation of digital collections
- Creative and/or unconventional uses of CONTENTdm
- Workflow solutions
- Suggest a topic to moderate for an "Unconference" session
All attendees are welcome to bring a poster for display during the conference. Posters will be on continuous display in the room where food will be served, so there will be ample opportunity to discuss your posters and for your poster to be seen. In addition, there will be a Reception on Friday evening in that room which will include a time for poster presenters to meet, greet, and discuss their poster with attendees.
Please submit proposals or questions to Jodee Fenton of the Seattle Public Library at:
with subject line:
CONTENTdm Users Group Proposal
In your proposal, please provide the following information:
Your contact information:
Type of program (Pre-conference, Conference session, Poster Session)
Target Level of Audience (user): Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
One paragraph description or abstract of program
The proposal deadline is May 1, 2013. Those who are accepted will be notified by May 31, 2013.