- CREATING THE CONNECTION THROUGH ARCHITECTURAL INTERIOR DESIGN -
ALU in partnership with AIA NY | Center for Architecture, Coloredge and Florim will host an evening dedicated to Architecture and Interior Design. We have gathered together a panel of renowned architects, specializing in the unique discipline of retail and interior design.
This panel will focus on the dynamic role of architects and their power to facilitate personal experiences and emotions in social and cultural contexts. Architecture is about creating reality, and a well-designed urban space is the best way to enable a real, social response:
- The ways stores, hotels and restaurants knit together the urban community and architecture’s contribution to urban design;
- Explore the contemporary design challenges and characteristics of designing a retail space and experience;
- Retail environments evoke emotions and an ‘experience’ rather than being simply a functional space;
- The relationship with architecture and its surroundings to create a holistic experience: the design aesthetics in which spaces use light, movement, materials, sounds etc.
Mary A. Burke AIA, RIBA, IIDA
Ronnette Riley FAIA, LEED AP. Firm Principal
Michael Gabellini, FAIA, Design Partner
Michael M. Gatti, AIA, NCAB, Studio Director