Salk Institute for Biological Studies
La Jolla, CA
MISSION OF THE CONFERENCE:
The ANFA Conference will explore, from a scientific basis, the range of human experiences with elements of architecture, through collaboration between architects and neuroscientists. The goal is to inspire ideas and new collaborations that will ignite change and unlock the potential of Neuroscience for Architecture.
INVITED PRESENTERS INCLUDE:
In addition to accepting presentations through the submission and review process described above, the ANFA Conference will offer presentations from the following renowned professionals:
- Tom Albright, PhD: ANFA president, Director of Salk’s Center for the Neurobiology of Vision and leader in study of the neural bases of visual perception.
- Michael Arbib, PhD: Professor of Neuroscience and Computer Science, USC, and leader in computational and cognitive neuroscience.
- David van der Leer, Executive Director, Van Alen Institute, NYC, and expert on design’s role in shaping the contemporary urban condition.
- Juhani Pallasmaa, Finnish architect and architectural theorist. Author of The Eyes of the Skin: Architecture and the Senses.
- Greg Lynn: Professor, UCLA, Head, Greg Lynn FORMS, and internationally recognized leader in the use of organic forms for architecture and design.
- Eduardo Macagno, PhD: ANFA past-president. Professor and Founding Dean, UCSD Division of Biology and leader in study of brain development.
- Peter Salk, MD: President, Jonas Salk Legacy Foundation.
- Terry Sejnowski, PhD: Director of Salk Computational Neurobiology Laboratory and leader in study of neuronal mechanisms of information processing.