It is with great pleasure, that we invite you to attend the 5th International Symposium on Landscape and Urban Horticulture which is to be held August 17th-24th, 2014 in Brisbane, Australia as part of the 29th International Horticultural Congress (IHC2014). IHC2014 will include many symposia and workshops that not only relate to the landscape and urban horticulture industry but also to the wider horticultural industry, food production and environmental/amenity horticulture.
The Symposium theme is "Horticulture, Landscape and Green Architecture". It addresses topics that include innovative approaches in landscape and urban horticulture, especially in transitional economies, the management of urban horticulture landscapes and issues of contemporary urbanism. Academics, scholars, scientists, researchers, executives, consultants, government officers, graduate students and industry leaders are invited to participate in the sharing of research-based information within the field of landscape and urban horticulture.
We invite paper and poster presentations which address the risks, challenges, opportunities and solutions on one or more than one of the following thematic areas:
- Building: Green architecture/history/design/contemporary urbanism in landscape and urban horticulture
- Management: Sustainable management/maintenance/practices in landscape and urban horticulture
- Reflection and Education: Research/teaching/extension/consultancy in landscape and urban horticulture.
We also welcome papers that discuss recent advances more generally in any of the following topics:
- Historical perspectives and biographies associated with landscape and urban horticulture
- Landscape and urban horticulture in the transitional economies
- The role of industry in education and training/research and extension in landscape and urban horticulture
- Skills acquisition and the career opportunities in landscape and urban horticulture, and
- The application and impact of landscape and urban horticulture projects along the shores of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans of the World.
In connection with this symposium will be a workshop on the efficient use of water for urban landscaping