Join SAH and receive access to some of the architecture world's most innovative and authoritative research resources, job and career opportunities, international and local study programs, registration for the SAH Annual International Conference, and events and networking opportunities with peers.
SAH members include architectural historians, art historians, landscape historians, architects, preservationists, urban planners, teachers, students, and museum professionals. All members are connected by a shared passion for the built environment.
New for 2015–2016! Frank Lloyd Wright Reciprocal Sites Program for upper-level members
Questions? Contact Director of Membership Anne Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frank Lloyd Wright Reciprocal Sites Program
New for 2015–2016, SAH has joined forces with the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust to offer the Frank Lloyd Wright National Reciprocal Sites Membership Program
for all upper-level members (includes Supporting, Patron, Donor, Life, and Benefactor membership levels). If you join or renew as an upper-level member, you will receive a special sticker on your SAH membership card that will entitle you to visit 30 Wright-designed sites across the United States free or at a reduced rate during 2015 and 2016. Read the brochure
listing the participating sites and benefits is available below. If you have already renewed as an upper level member, you will receive a letter with your identifying credential.
Networking and Career
- Register for the SAH Annual Conference
- Access the SAH Career Center for job opportunities
- Connect with colleagues and subject experts through the SAH membership directory
- Promote your programs, events, news through SAH Communities, the SAH Listerv, and the SAH website
- Serve on SAH board and committees
- Earn AIA/CES learning units through SAH study programs, lectures, conferences, and seminars
- Keep current on national and international news through the SAH Newsletter
- Apply for the various SAH fellowships and grants
- Receive a print copy and/or electronic access to the Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians (JSAH and JSAH Online, including the JSAH archive, 1941-present)
- SAH members receive a 50% discount on JPASS (SAH member price is $99/year; regular price is $199/year).
- Full access to SAH Archipedia, our online multimedia encyclopedia of American architecture and landscapes
- Participate in an outstanding series of annual study programs
- Access the SAH Architecture Resources Archive (SAHARA) of over 47,000 user-contributed photos
- Receive discounts on new Buildings of the United States volumes
- Participate in programs through one of SAH's local chapters
- Access member-only archived resources and content on the SAH website
Bricks and Mortar Benefits
- Take a complimentary tour of our landmark headquarters, Charnley-Persky House
- Receive discounts in the Charnley-Persky House tour center
- Reserve the Charnley-Persky House for small meetings, seminars, and class lectures at a discounted rate