The Board of Directors approved the following at the 68th Annual International Conference:
- SAH endorses the History Relevance Campaign's Value of History statement. SAH joins a growing mix of historical organizations and institutions that support the HRC's mission to show how history connects the past to the present in meaningful ways.
- SAH endorses the College Art Association's Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for the Visual Arts, a set of principles addressing best practices in the the fair use of copyrighted materials based on a consensus of opinion developed through discussions with visual-arts professionals.
- SAH has sent a letter to Senator John Kerry in support of efforts to prevent further destruction by ISIS of the cultural heritage of Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Liberia, Mali, and other affected regions.
- SAH supports the joint statement published by the Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD), Archaeological Institute of America (AIA), Society for American Archaeology (SAA), the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, and US/ICOMOS, as well as statements by the American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR), the American Anthropological Association (AAA), and The American Academic Research Institute in Iraq (TAARII) in response to news reports of the destruction of Nimrud, a gate at Nineveh and other works of ancient art in the Mosul Museum, Iraq.
- Proclamation of the 50th anniversary of the National Endowment for the Humanities