Iran is a Persian country in the heart of the Middle East and is considered one of the distinctive cultures of the world with its rich civilization and history; a country that is a suitable choice to get to know, not only in terms of thought and ideas but also in terms of art, nature, and social rites and customs. On the other hand, religious beliefs have always been considered as an important basis in culture and this country accepted Islam since the beginning of its emergence and currently ninety percent of the Iranian Muslim population is formed of Shi‘as; a direct encounter with an Abrahamic religion makes this opportunity of acquaintance more welcoming. The Iranian women have always had an important influence in the formation of this civilization and culture.
The Islamic and Iranian Women’s Studies Intensive Short Course which has been organized by the University of Religions and Denominations, endeavors to explain the position of women according to Islam’s perspective and in Iran and also tries to address current women’s issues in the contemporary world with an evolutionary view and in this regard will answer the question of international scholars of this field.
This 5-day course is formed of 11 specialized topics that will be presented in regards to women by experts of the field (along with Q & A sessions) and free discussion sessions along with the academic discussions as well as presentations by participants; a 4-day religious and cultural tour is another one of the merits of this course which, if you are inclined to partake in, will present an opportunity for you to visit historical, cultural and natural sites of Iran.
The whole program is accredited by the University of Religions and Denominations. Participants will attend pre-planned workshops and lectures presented in English, and a certificate will be awarded to each participant upon successful completion and meeting program requirements.
- The Position of Women and Family in the Islamic Rights System
- The Position of Women in the First 3 Centuries of Islam
- The Change in Family with Emphasis on the Centrality of Women
- Gender in Qurʼanic and Narrative Addresses
- Women’s Social Activities in Contemporary Iran
- Women’s Higher Education Process in Iran
- The Position of Women in Iranian Arts and Literature
- Islam and Feminism
- The Position of Women in Islamic Mysticism
- Free Discussion (methods of spouse selection, violence, health and safety, etc.)
- Visa guidance and help
- Access to lectures and seminars
- Workshop material
- Cultural tour to Iran's beautiful cities (optional)
- In-city transport
- Airport pick and drop
- Certificate accredited by URD