PLEASE GIVE TO THE SAH ANNUAL FUND
We are proud of the work the Society of Architectural Historians does to carry out its mission and to provide its members with exceptional resources and experiences that enrich professional growth and expand opportunities for individuals at all stages of their careers. We hope you share our pride and support our work by making a donation to the SAH Annual Fund. Your donation of any size helps ensure that SAH continues to provide resources in fiscal year 2017 such as:
- The SAH 70th Annual International Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, June 7–11, 2017, is our largest educational program for members and provides a dynamic forum for new research and opportunities for discussions and professional networking.
- Fellowships and Awards offer SAH members invaluable financial support for field study travel, research, publications, and participation in conferences. In 2016, SAH awarded 62 conference fellowships, 18 of which were awarded to graduate students, to attend the SAH 2017 Glasgow conference. SAH annual publication and film awards recognize outstanding scholarship and research that contributes to our understanding of the built environment.
- International Field Seminars and Study Days deliver one-of-a-kind opportunities to study architecture and landscapes around the globe. Our upcoming field seminar to Vietnam and Cambodia will be followed by a field seminar in southern China.
- Publications promote the study of the history of the built environment and include the Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians (JSAH), available in print and digital formats and recognized as the leading architectural history journal, and Buildings of the United States (BUS), our award-winning print series that chronicles the architecture of each state. Buildings of Wisconsin and Buildings of Arkansas will be available in 2017, bringing the total to 23 published BUS volumes.
Watch our videos
- SAH’s Digital Resources have provided more than 4 million articles, essays, and images to researchers and the general public in every country on Earth since 2009. These include the JSAH archive in JSTOR, current issues of JSAH Online, the SAHARA architecture image archive, and SAH Archipedia, our online encyclopedia of American architecture and landscapes.
to learn more about what we do. Please consider making a contribution today to the SAH Annual Fund to support this important work.
Photos (left to right): H. Allen Brooks Travelling Fellow Danielle S. Willkens is currently exploring sustainable tourism and cultural heritage on islands such as Iceland and Cuba; Members tour the gardens, historic buildings, and rare collections during the New York Botanical Garden Study Day; SAHARA now has over 100,000 images! Azadi Tower, Tehran, Iran, 1971. Architect: Hossein Amanat. Photo by SAHARA Travel Award recipient Sahar Hosseini.