The Society of Architectural Historians will host its 70th Annual International Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, from June 7–11, 2017. Meeting in Glasgow reflects the increasingly international scope of the Society and its conference, and we hope SAH members from all over the world will join us in Scotland's largest city, world renowned for its outstanding architectural heritage. This is the first time that SAH has met outside North America since 1973, when it planned a joint meeting in Cambridge with the Society of Architectural Historians of Great Britain. The Glasgow conference will include 37 sessions and draw architectural historians, art historians, architects, museum professionals and preservationists from around the world together to present new research on the history of the built environment.
- Outstanding architectural heritage with buildings by architects of world renown.
- A compact and walkable city, it's easy for attendees to find their way around.
- Served by 3 International airports with direct flights from over 150 destinations.
- More than 20 museum and art galleries, most offering free admission.
- Ranked as one of Europe's most cost-effective cities.
- Just beyond the city, experience the breathtaking Scottish scenery, including Loch Lomond and historic castles.
THE CONFERENCE VENUE
Technology & Innovation Centre
University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde's brand new building offers state-of-the-art conferencing and events facilities including a 450-seat main auditorium, 150-seat tiered lecture theatre, 10 seminar/breakout rooms, and flexible foyer space for catering, exhibitions, and networking.
Strathclyde is located in the heart of Glasgow city center, a short walk from the city's two main train stations and with easy access to Glasgow International Airport. Wi-Fi Access:
Wi-Fi access is available throughout the Technology & Innovation Centre and the University campus free of charge. Accessibility:
All venues within the Technology & Innovation Centre and across the campus are fully accessible. Floorplans: Level 01 Floorplan Level 02 Floorplan Level 03 Floorplan