SAH seeks self-nominations for an editor to write and manage posts published to the SAH Blog. The SAH Blog Editor will be responsible for publishing original content to the blog twice per month for a year.
The SAH Blog will be updated frequently with information relevant to the SAH audience—historians of architecture, landscapes, and urbanism; graduate students; preservation/conservation advocates; building sustainability advocates; design practitioners; academics and non-academics; and the interested public.
Content may include (but is not limited to):
- Original content written by the Blog Editor
- Guest posts commissioned by the Blog Editor (ask others who want to share projects, resources, etc, to write a post)
- Regular features by guest writers. (For example, the Blog Editor could ask a professor just starting a teaching career and someone entering a non-academic career to write a series of posts about issues that architectural historians face in academic and non-academic settings.)
- Features about developments and issues related to the digital humanities
- Features about the status of future employment for historians of the built environment
- An annotated digest of links to new online resources
- Cross-posting from other blogs/online news (with permission)
- Other appropriate content for design and history professionals who work with the built environment
The ideal candidate for SAH Blog Editor is someone who very familiar with the issues and interests of the SAH audience and is engaged with online content and social media, has written blog articles, and visits blogs and news sites regularly. SAH encourages nominations from people representing the vast array of professions that find a home under the SAH umbrella.
SAH Executive Committee, Board, and staff will be glad to help the editor brainstorm about ways to generate new content. SAH staff will be able to provide technical support and can suggest lists of online sources, communities and blogs to follow.
Nominations should include a short description of why you are interested in becoming SAH Blog Editor, what previous experience you have had with blogs and social media, what types of articles and content you envision publishing, and what kinds of peer and editorial review policies you would recommend. Please include a CV and links to your blog or blog posts. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Email materials to Helena Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 2, 2019.
Nominations will be reviewed by the SAH Executive Committee and the SAH Blog Editor’s one-year renewable term will begin on March 1, 2019, and end on February 28, 2020.