The Society of Architectural Historians (SAH) presents year-round virtual programming through SAH CONNECTS, a series of workshops, roundtables, seminars, and discussions that focus on timely issues related to the history of the built environment. The Society invites individuals and those representing SAH Affiliate Groups, publications, programs, online educational resources, chapters, and partner organizations to submit a proposal for consideration for SAH CONNECTS.
The purpose of SAH CONNECTS is to allow for virtual sharing of scholarship, professional development workshops, book discussions, and other types of programs that will advance knowledge in the field of architectural history. We welcome proposals from those who study every time period and all aspects of the built environment, including landscape, urban history, heritage studies, and aspects of social justice as related to architecture.
SAH membership is required to moderate an SAH CONNECTS program. You do not need to be a member to submit, but we ask all Moderator(s) to join SAH upon selection. Panelists do not need to be SAH members.
What does the selected submitter commit to?
If your submission is selected, you are committed to moderating the program, recruiting panelists/speakers, writing program description, gathering bios and headshots from all panelists/speakers, and overseeing the format you have chosen; for example, if you do not wish to moderate the program, you are responsible for recruiting an appropriate person to do it.
Program submissions must include the following elements:
- A program title not longer than 65 characters, including spaces and punctuation
- Summary of the subject and the premise in no more than 500 words
- Name, professional affiliation (if applicable), address, telephone, and email address (Please ensure that the information you are providing matches, if applicable, an existing SAH profile/membership account to avoid misdirecting communications. If it does not match what SAH has on file, please update your existing member profile to match your current information.)
- A current CV (2 pages maximum)
- Same information in #3 and #4 for Co-Moderator, if applicable
Although the SAH membership is international, SAH CONNECTS programming is conducted in English. Therefore, all submissions must be submitted in English and, if accepted, conducted in English.
Only proposals submitted through the portal will be considered.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
Proposals will be reviewed by the SAH CONNECTS Programming and Advisory Committee.
SAH CONNECTS General Information
- All programs take place on the Zoom platform.
- All programs will be recorded, and videos will made available to registrants.
- All program Moderators/Panelists will be asked to sign an image permission form
- Registration is always free for SAH members.
- SAH Members will have access to the video library of all SAH CONNECTS programs.
- SAH CONNECTS programs will not take place during the month of the SAH Annual International Conference and will not compete with post-conference events such as roundtables.
- Preference will be given to programs that have the support of the SAH IDEAS Committee and SAH Affiliate Groups.
- Preference will be given to topics that are related to current events, recent exhibitions, and/or recent publications.
- SAH CONNECTS programming should not mimic the form and content of a SAH conference paper session, but rather should employ formats such as discussions, panels, roundtables, and workshops.
- SAH CONNECTS programs need a minimum of eight weeks of lead time for set-up, promotion, and implementation.
For more information, please contact SAH Director of Programs Christopher Kirbabas at email@example.com.