The Society of Architectural Historians is grateful for the support of our members and donors, especially during the pandemic, for it has enabled SAH to serve its members in creative new ways.
But we are not out of the woods yet. Pandemic restrictions and individual anxieties will continue to constrict travel and limit the size of gatherings for some time, impacting SAH’s ability to conduct its programs to their fullest, resulting in revenue gaps.
For these reasons and more, your support to this year’s Annual Fund is critical in helping SAH remain healthy and robust. With your support we will continue to provide educational resources and opportunities for engagement to our members and the public, including:
- SAH Annual International Conferences – with in-person and virtual opportunities to present and attend in 2023
- SAH Data Project Report – the first in-depth, data-driven study designed to assess the health of the fields of architectural, landscape, and urban history at institutions of higher education in the United States
- JSAH – including open access virtual issues and JSAH Roundtables comprised of short essays exploring new research directions and written by scholars at different career levels
- Member meetups – monthly online events for members to connect with each other and voice their needs and concerns to SAH staff and leadership
- SAH Strategic Planning Committee – will be seeking input through focus groups and surveys that will inform their development of a new 3–5-year plan for SAH
- SAH IDEAS Committee (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, Accountability and Sustainability) – has been involved in decision-making at all levels and will continue to guide us as we work to create an inclusive and equitable culture at SAH
- SAH CONNECTS – virtual programs that engage worldwide public audiences on themes concerning all aspects of the built environment.
- Affiliate Groups – shared interest groups for members that are expanding the focus and purview of SAH’s programs and mentorships
- SAH Archipedia – our open access encyclopedia of the built environment of the US
- Buildings of the United States – with upcoming volumes on Maryland and Missouri
- SAHARA – with over 155,000 images of the built environment for teaching and research
- SAH Commons – our ever-growing online community for SAH members
- Fellowships and stipends – for travel to attend and present research at the SAH conference and conduct research. Last year, SAH awarded fellowships and stipends to 50 graduate students and emerging scholars.
- Charnley-Persky House – ongoing stewardship of the house, which is open to the public for tours throughout the year
As you can see, we are developing new and expanded ways to engage and serve our members. The work ahead is exciting, but we need your support to make it happen. Your tax-deductible gift of any amount will help us meet continuing challenges and provide our members and the public with valuable educational resources.
Donate to SAH
With best wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season,