The Society of Architectural Historians (SAH) presents SAH CONNECTS, a year-round series of virtual programs related to the history of the built environment. SAH CONNECTS provides a platform for the SAH community to collaborate, share their work, engage in timely discussions, and reach worldwide audiences. We welcome proposals that reflect the diversity of the field of architectural history, including landscape history, urban history, heritage studies, and aspects of social justice as related to architecture. We encourage proposals from scholars whose self-identification or work represents previously under-recognized and/or unsupported directions for architectural history as researched, thought, or applied.
You do not need to be a member to submit a proposal, but organizers will be required to join SAH if their proposal is selected. Panelists do not need to be members of SAH.
- SAH CONNECTS programs may be discussions, panels, roundtables, or workshops. They should not mimic the form and content of an SAH conference paper session. Book talks will not be considered.
- All programs take place on Zoom and are conducted in English.
- All programs are recorded, and videos are made available to registrants and the public through the SAH video library.
- Registration is always free and open to the public.
- Programs are typically 1–1.5 hours.
- For panel discussions, we recommend a maximum of five panelists with presentations of 5–7 minutes each, followed by 30–45 minutes of audience Q&A and discussion.
- The portal for SAH CONNECTS programs is always open, and you may submit a proposal at any time.
- Proposals are evaluated quarterly by the SAH CONNECTS Programming and Advisory Committee. Applicants will be notified about the status of their proposal after the next quarterly SAH CONNECTS Programming and Advisory Committee meeting.
- The SAH Connects Programming and Advisory Committee is unable to accept the same proposal more than once in a one-year period.
- No programs will be scheduled in April, May, or September.
- When scheduling your event, please keep in mind that programs should ideally have at least four weeks of lead time for promotion and implementation.
Commitments if your proposal is selected:
If your submission is selected, you are committed to moderating the program, recruiting a diverse group of panelists/speakers, writing a program description, collecting short bios and headshots from all panelists/speakers, and overseeing the format you have chosen. If you will not serve as a moderator, you are responsible for recruiting an appropriate person to do it. All program moderators/panelists will be asked to sign a recording consent form.
Program submissions must include the following elements:
- A program title not longer than 65 characters, including spaces and punctuation
- Summary of the subject and the premise in no less than 200 words and no more than 500 words; list of proposed panelists; and suggested format for the event.
- Name, professional affiliation (if applicable), address, telephone, and email address
- A current CV (2 pages maximum)
- Same information in #3 and #4 for co-moderator, if applicable
Only proposals submitted through the SAH website portal will be considered. Proposals will be reviewed by the SAH CONNECTS Programming and Advisory Committee.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
For more information, please contact SAH Director of Programs Christopher Kirbabas at email@example.com.