A Digital Archive of Architecture Images
SAHARA is a digital image archive developed by the Society of Architectural Historians in collaboration with Artstor
. Funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, SAHARA contains over 155,000 images of architecture and landscapes contributed by SAH members—architects, scholars, photographers, graduate students, preservationists, and others who share an interest in the built environment.
SAHARA is one of the many benefits of SAH membership. Not a member? Join SAH today
SAH members can:
- upload their digital photographs and video clips to a shared online archive
- organize images into groups
- download images to a computer individually or in a zip file or directly to PowerPoint
- share images and image groups with colleagues and students
- collaborate with other members to create image categories for teaching and research
Tips for Using SAHARA
Search and Download
Access Artstor training documents and video tutorials
- Use the Advanced Search to specify date ranges, locations, and other criteria.
- Use Groups to save images for your upcoming courses or research.
- Download images from Groups directly to PowerPoint or as a Zip file.
, which all apply to SAHARA.