WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Your name and email address if you create an account on the SAH website
- Your name and payment details when you join or renew your SAH membership, register for an event, make a purchase, or donate online
- Personal information you voluntarily submit via a session proposal, fellowship application, or award nomination
- Information you voluntarily submit when updating your profile in the member portal
- Information relating to user demographics on how people use the site
SAH does not collect any personal information from users browsing its website. SAH collects only aggregated data—such as statistical (e.g., number of page views) or demographic (e.g., country of user) data—that does not provide any personally identifying information. This information is used to provide better content and service to our website users.
HOW DO WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION?
We collect information about users of the SAH website in the following ways:
- Online forms
- Online payments
SAH uses Google Analytics to gain insights to how visitors use the site and to improve the functionality of the site. Users who don’t want their data collected with Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. See “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
We collect information submitted via application forms (fellowship and awards), fellowship recommendation forms, website submissions (for opportunities and member news), and registration forms.
SAH does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. For credit card transactions, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to transmit personally identifiable information to our server.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION?
Information we collect is used to:
- Improve the content and design of the website
- Measure marketing activities
- Target email communications to users based on their preferences and interests
- Collect applicant information for fellowships and awards
- Collect registrant informationfor conference, events, and study programs
- Distribute news and opportunity submissions via the website (information voluntarily submitted to the website via online forms)
- Provide a Membership Directory to current SAH members
Disclosures to Third Parties
On occasion, SAH may also provide information to third parties that offer products and services. These limited data include names, job titles, affiliations and business addresses, but do not include business or personal phone numbers, business fax numbers or email addresses.
SAH makes every attempt to work with companies and organizations with current GDPR compliant policies in place.
Users may request SAH refrain from disclosing the data it collects to third parties on the membership application form, conference registration form or any other form on which they are providing information; an opt-out box will appear on each form on which a user provides information. Alternatively, users may contact SAH at email@example.com or 312-573-1365 to express their preferences if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared.
Applicant & Registrant Information
All program submission data (abstracts, proposals, names, email addresses, and institutional affiliation) are stored online, in a secure content management system. None of this information will ever be shared with any other organization. However, abstracts and the annual conference program are published online and in print format.
SAH makes member contact information available through the SAH Membership Directory and access is exclusive to current SAH members. The Membership Directory makes it easy for members to connect and includes the following information: full name, institution, area of interest, mailing address, work phone, and email address. This information is not to be shared with other individuals or organizations. Members may choose to opt out of inclusion in the Membership Directory when joining SAH or when updating their membership in the portal.
WHAT PRIVACY ISSUES ARISE WITH LINKS TO OTHER SITES?
HOW TO CONTACT US